Highlights from the past few years of directing and shooting that includes documentary, commercial, broadcast tv, and music video content. I generally direct or shoot on a project and am often sent into the field by myself to acquire adventure content. However, I also light and shoot studio projects that range from product videos and commercials to music videos. Here is a break-down of the projects and my role in sequence:
1. “Muni” – Adventure Documentary Short for Telus Optik Local ~ Director.
This film has been a finalist at film festivals in Canada and the UK. Camera operator was Michael Klekamp with the Sony FS7.
2. “River Surfing” – Adventure Documentary Short for Telus Optik Local ~ Director & Steadicam Op.
Camera operator was Michael Klekamp with the Sony FS7.
3. “underExposed” – Broadcast TV Series for APTN & CBC ~ Director of Photography.
Shot several episodes across Canada including mountain biking, skiing, dogsledding, and snowboarding. All shot on the Sony FS700.
4. “Future Legends” – Broadcast TV Series ~ Director of Photography.
Working solo, I shot two episodes in Kamloops, BC to provide the sports B-roll for the production company in Toronto. Shot with Sony FS7 including handheld moving shots while snowboarding.
5. “Beauty in the Backcountry” – Adventure Documentary Short for Telus Optik Local ~ Director & B-Cam Operator.
A proper backcountry adventure with camera operator Michael Klekamp and two Sony FS7’s.
6. “Conquering Ghost Ice” – Adventure Documentary Short for Telus Optik Local ~ Director & Field Producer.
Shot by camera operators Michael Klekamp and John Price with the Ghost Wilderness, this short film has been selected as a finalist at film festivals in Canada and the UK.
7. “Brewster Gondola” – Commercial shoot for Joe Media Group ~ Camera Operator with MoVi M15.
Shooting for Rory Hinds of Mine Films and DOP Barry Berona, I spent an entire day shooting with a fully rigged MoVi M15.
8. “Thule” – Product Videos ~ Producer, Director, & DOP.
Produced a series of product and safety videos for Thule Global. Shared the DOP duties with Rory Hinds of Mine Films.
9. “nextCity” – Web Commercial for City of Calgary ~ Director of Photography.
Two-day shoot with the Canon C300 in Calgary.
10. “Banff Tourism” – Travel content for Compass Light Productions ~ Director of Photography.
Self-shooting DOP with the Sony A7s and Zeiss ZF glass, spending two days with various characters around Banff, AB.
11. “Take It Slowly” – Xani Kolac music video ~ Filmmaker.
My first music video that I lit, shot, and edited. The string effects were accomplished in camera. Nominated for Best Editor at the AMPIA awards.
12. ” Painted Black” – Music video for Airrick Woodhead. Filmmaker.
Lit, shot and edited this piece using in-camera effects and VHS tape glitching – mostly shot on a very old VHS camera.
13. ” Heartburn” – Video Art Projection Project ~ Filmmaker.
Experimental video art work where I shoot individual plates and then compose live along with audio reactivity for video projections.